The SkyBell DBCAM is the smart doorbell of the future. It is the same part as the SkyBell HD and simply rebranded by Honeywell for Total Connect customers looking to expand their interactive alarm system. The 1080P full HD camera offers crisp video transmission to Honeywell's Total Connect 2.0 and the native SkyBell app. A single DBCAM is included in any Total Connect service for live streaming through the same app for remote access to your security system. Video is a great tool yet the DBCAM also offers bi-directional audio expanding the added value of the incredibly unique product. This means you can have a conversation with someone at your front door from your smartphone in a different country. The price tag may be hard to swallow but you will not find a compact HD camera with two way voice for much less. Furthermore this product is a finished package that combines elements of security and convenience.
There is an integrated motion detector designed to send an alert and begin streaming video through the app. This eliminates the need for someone to actually press the doorbell button. It is a narrow, near-view motion sensor designed to only trip when someone is standing within 5 feet. The DBCAM will not transmit video to the app until 10 seconds after the motion is tripped. This lowers false alarms caused by any movement outside of the entryway. If you do not wish to be alerted each time someone is at the doorway you can simply disable the motion detector in the SkyBell or TC2 app.
The benefits of the DBCAM speak for themselves. The true added value of this product is the landscape of third party integration. It can speak to Nest thermostats, Amazon Echo and most importantly Honeywell's Total Connect 2.0 app. Whether you have Total Connect or not, a video doorbell adds a missing element to any interactive self monitoring service.
- WORKS WITH SKYBELL HD APP & ALARM.COM APP
- Before you begin the installation process, please consider these steps to ensure your home is ready to work with your SkyBell - Doorbell Chime Check, Wi-Fi Connection Speed Test, Power Check (Transformer), Router Check
- High-definition 1080P video with 5x zoom. Color night vision - full color in the dark. Two-way talk - speak with visitor using your smartphone
- On-demand viewing - it's 'always on' so you can view anytime
- Motion sensor - detect visitors even if they don't use the doorbell